Chaos Group provides state of the art rendering solutions for architectural,
VFX, film, media and entertainment, automotive design, television and other
Chaos Group started its business in 1997 with establishing a CG production
studio for 3D design and animation services.
After creating V-Ray render engine in 2002 Chaos Group dedicated its efforts
on development and global distribution of rendering solutions for 3D
visualization through its daughter company - Chaos Software.
The professional expertise and experience of Chaos Software team and the
feedback provided by our customers forged V-Ray into what it is today -
trendsetting rendering technology.
V-Ray became rendering solution of choice for many 3D production houses due
to its capability to deliver high quality photorealistic images in the
In June 2009 Chaos Group officially released V-Ray RT - the first
interactive renderer of it's kind for 3ds Max. The power of this interactive
raytracing technology changes the way 3D artists and visualization
specialists approach the lighting and shading setup. Now they can use the
V-Ray RT intuitive, time saving and highly interactive features to
completely enjoy the creative side of the rendering process.
Our portfolio includes the following outstanding products: V-Ray for
AutodeskR3ds MaxR, V-Ray RT for AutodeskR3ds MaxR, V-Ray for AutodeskR
MayaR, SimCloth, and Pdplayer - the production oriented image sequence
player and viewer for the CG industry.
The Following are the products Available in Chaos Group,
V-Ray for 3ds Max:
V-Ray for 3ds Max is the core development of Chaos Group, which allows users to quickly and easily create realistic images while giving them full control over the 3D production process.
V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max is a fast rendering solution, which combines the power of the distinguished V-Ray rendering engine with the flexibility and unprecedented speed of the interactive rendering system V-Ray RT, now running on GPUs.
V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max Key Features:
The newest update to V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max now delivers a new shader for rendering Fur and Hair and significant GPU enhancements. Check out all the new features in V-Ray 2.0.
V-Ray is now available for 3ds Max 2013.
The V-Ray rendering system has a rich set of features. Please be aware that every feature is a subject to change without advance notice. Here are some of the key features of the new V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max.
*V-Ray RT GPU Enhancements.
*VRay Car Paint Mtl.
*VRay Hair Mtl.
*Interactive Rendering on CPU & GPU.
*VRay LightSelect Render Element.
V-Ray for Maya.
V-Ray for Maya is one of the latest developments by Chaos Group. Developed to meet the needs of the most demanding VFX & Film studios around the world, the rendering engine delivers uncompromised stability, interactivity, ease of use and unprecedented speed.
Now, V-Ray for Maya enables the rendering of even larger scenes with greater complexity and artists can rely on a faster rendering process.
The comprehensive list of features provided by V-Ray for Maya includes CarPaint Material, V-Ray Light Select Render Element, PText texture, true 3D Motion Blur, Sun & Sky procedural lighting system, Physical camera for matching live footage, and many others.
V-Ray for Maya became a renderer of choice of numerous renowned studios such as Method Studio, Zoic Studio, Lux VFX, The LAB NYC and many others. For less than two years since its official release V-Ray has been used as a major rendering tool in the latest award winning films and productions.
V-Ray 2.0 for Maya Key Features:
- V-Ray RT GPU Enhancements - incorporate VRayProxy objects, texture-mapped area and mesh lights, Simple Skylight portals, and the VRayBlendMtl into an ultra-fast V-RayRT GPU workflow.
- VRayHairMtl - a new shader allowing users to render hair and fur with unprecedented quality, control, and speed.
- VRayCarPaintMtl - create stunning car paint shaders complete with base, flake and coat layers.
- Ptex textures - with V-Ray 2.0 you can stop worrying about UV coordinates and use PTex textures.
- Interactive Rendering on CPU & GPU - V-Ray RT is a fully functional interactive rendering engine matching the production renderer results. With GPU acceleration, you can rely on a significantly faster interactive rendering process.
- VRayLightSelect Render Element - extract the contribution of each light to the scene and compose all the lights back together and change their intensity in real time in any compositing software.
V-Ray for Rhino
V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino offers visualization professionals a state-of-the-art solution that generates high-quality images of unparalleled realism. The plug-in works with Robert McNeel & Associates’ Rhinoceros, which is one of the most popular Windows-based NURBS modeling tools available today.
Rhino users in all fields - from engineering and product design to 3D animation - depend on V-Ray as a quick, easy and cost efficient way to render their most cutting-edge images.
V-Ray 1.5 for Rhino Key Features:
- V-RayRT® - a revolutionary rendering engine providing instant feedback and streamlining scene setup. Because V-Ray RT is built upon the same robust core as V-Ray, it is seamless to transition between V-Ray RT and production rendering.
- Dome Light - create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light. Its powerful importance sampling analyzes HDR images and optimizes light tracing and GI precision.
- V-Ray Proxy - an indispensable tool for managing scene memory and efficiently rendering massive amounts of geometry. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render-time, saving vital RAM resources.
- Lens Effects (Glare / Bloom ) - simulate the natural lens effects that occur when photographing highlights.
V-Ray for SketchUp
V-Ray for SketchUp - Now Compatible with SketchUp 8!
SketchUp users in all fields depend on V-Ray as a quick, easy and cost-efficient way to render their most cutting-edge images. Developed with the Chaos Group, V-Ray for SketchUp works with Google’s SketchUp, one of the most popular 3D modeling tools available today.
V-Ray for SketchUp Key Features:
Here are some of the new key features of the V-Ray for SketchUp:
- NEW! More shader types (great for metal textures!).
- NEW! More than 10 new procedural textures, including dirt (for more realistic renderings!).
- NEW! Lights now have the ability to add IES profiles (for light accuracy).
- NEW! Material can now be layered better.
- NEW! Faster scene processing times.
- NEW! Support for SketchUp transparency and alpha transparency.
V-Ray for Softimage
Built on V-Ray’s core platform of rendering speed, stability, and quality, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Softimage® is an advanced rendering solution for the VFX and animation industries. V-Ray for Softimage includes ICE support, efficient Global Illumination, versatile shaders, and much more.
V-Ray for Softimage Key Features:
V-Ray for Softimage offers a rich set of functionalities for fast and efficient rendering and an intuitive approach towards shading and lighting.
Here are some of the key features of the new V-Ray for Softimage.
- Shading with V-Ray for Softimage - Create materials quickly and efficiently using V-Ray Materials, and simplify the creation of complex, layered materials with the V-Ray Blend and V-Ray Car Paint Materials.
- Render Elements - Take control of your compositing workflow using the expansive list of Render Elements.
- V-Ray Proxy - Manage scene memory and efficiently render massive amounts of geometry using V-Ray Proxy objects.
- Hair & Fur Shading - Render hair and fur with unprecedented quality, control, and speed with the VRayHairMtl shader.
Pdplayer is a professional image sequence player and viewer for the 3D, CG and VFX industry, created by Asynthetic and distributed by Chaos Software. It supports most industry standard file formats including EXR, HDR, DPX, CIN, R3D, TGA, SGI, IFF, PIC and VRIMG. Multiple layers can be color-corrected and composed together in real time.
Despite being feature-rich, Pdplayer is fast and lightweight. It starts quickly and flips through frames with ease.
- *LAYERED SEQUENCE PLAYBACK.
- *64 BIT.
- *STEREOSCOPIC PLAYBACK.
- *2K+ PLAYBACK WITH 3D LUT.
- *EXR AND VRIMG IMAGE LAYERS.
- *REALTIME COLOR CORRECTIONS.
- *ON-SET GRADING AND KEYING.
- *SUPPORT FOR HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE IMAGES.
- *RED R3D SUPPORT.
- *EXTERNAL DEVICE OUTPUT.
- *COMPOSITION PROTOTYPING.
- *PIPELINE INTEGRATION.